's former champion Ferrari will guide the ship of billionaire Branson. "I dreamed of the shuttle, it was not possible. But I have not resigned."
Niki Lauda
G IMCANE and gums, lozenges and brakes, wings and rockets. A dramatic incident, the resurrection, the triumph. And now, space. There is a futuristic momentum in the human story of Niki Lauda. A trajectory that started from Formula 1, is a natural outcome in its latest announcement, "will pilot a space shuttle in 60 years."
For people like the speed has never been just a profession. You Lauda himself talking about his life in terms of quasi damnation: "I made the professional driver in Formula 1 for many years. Then I went to Boeing and Airbus. At one point I found that my only dream was to climb aboard a shuttle.
At first it seemed impossible. "I looked everywhere, but it was impossible. Why only Americans organized things like that. "Then he heard that Richard Branson of Virgin boss had in mind a company that specializes in space travel. The Virgin Galactic." When I heard about the project I was the first to go knocking on his door. "
And so now Mr. Andreas Nikolaus Lauda, \u200b\u200bborn 1949, three-time Formula One world champion, and founder of two airlines, is also on the list of pupils of the school pilot of Virgin Galactic.'s announcement was given by Branson himself, in the Formula One paddock in Barehin (The Virgin is the sponsor of Brawn Grand Prix): "Niki will do the course and learn to drive both the" mother ship "or the spaceship." For the most skeptical journalists
Branson also gave a rough idea of \u200b\u200btime: "The mother ship is now ready. We have completed and is flying in these days, we are testing. Instead, the spacecraft will be ready by the end the year. " At that point will be carried out other tests. "There will be 18 months of rehearsals and then we'll still others with NASA before starting the transport of persons. Meanwhile, Niki is ready. I and my family will be the first to go up."
addition to the family Branson, scheduled for the first interstellar flight at a cost of almost € 150 thousand, there are many people. All VIPs. Among which there are some stars of F1, like Lewis Hamilton and Rubens Barrichello.
A ticket, for safety, Lauda also bought: sixty years and he would not like having to give up the space because physically unfit to drive: "But he will - he says Branson - Niki will complete the training and will bring a lot of space people ".
0 comments:
Post a Comment